Rewarding careers in the home building industry
Interested in a career in the home building or renovation industry or with the Hamilton-Halton Home Builder’s Association?
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is a key member of the
Hours of Work: Hourly, part time (estimated 16-20 hours per week), Monday to Friday.
Additional hours may be required from time to time to attend HHHBA events, where all
members attend to contribute to events’ successes.
Qualifications: Min. two year diploma in Business, Administration or related field, with
demonstrated experience in:
- Customer service
- basic bookkeeping
- office management
- database management
- property management
- working in a team environment
A minimum of Five years’ work experience in a similar role preferred.
Overview: This part time position assists Association staff and the CEO with standard office administration, coordination with external consultants (ie. IT, Accounting, etc.) and basic property management.
- Act as Executive Assistant to CEO including assisting with appointment/meeting
scheduling, filing, preparation of basic correspondence for signature, etc.
- Act as primary point of contact for tenants, including collecting rent cheques,
addressing issues/complaints/concerns (in coordination with CEO)
- Act as main point of contact for property, and maintain contract information for
services provided to Association (ie. Landscaping, snow removal, cleaning,
ongoing maintenance, etc.) and coordinate provision of these services
- Act as liaison with Accounting Consultant for all A/P, A/R, bookkeeping, financial
reporting to Board, payroll services, etc.
- Assist Accounting Consultant and EO with necessary submissions to government,
including taxes, Board of Director change notifications, and all other business
- Coordinate payment of bills, banking activities, etc. in conjunction with
bookkeeping service provider.
- Prepare all Board and Executive agenda, packages, meeting requests, Outlook
calendar invites, etc.
- Act as staff lead on various committees, including agenda, minutes, paperwork,
and meeting invites
- Assist CEO with annual preparation of draft budget, year to date comparison and
final year end information
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to financial and human resource activities
- Act as Association liaison regarding benefits program administration
- Coordinate all mail activities (both incoming and outgoing)
- Order all office supplies
- Maintain timesheet and vacation records
- Book travel for CEO and/or Board members for OHBA/CHBA or other activities
- Submit expenses to OHBA/CHBA, and assist with membership remittance in
coordination with Member Services Coordinator as required
- Ensure familiarity with Association events, announcements, etc. and understand
Association structure and members to facilitate inquiry responses
- Maintain communication with all Association personnel and members
- Attend Association events and meetings as requested, including staff meetings
- Provide information as requested by Association staff using various resources
- Ensure all files and records are well organized and accessible
- All other duties as required
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required for this position.
Interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help with your project, construction site, etc.?
Here’s your opportunity to post any need for a trade for your upcoming site, temporary help needed, that aren’t a full blown career. Send your info to email@example.com and we’ll get it posted below for you. Postings are available to member companies only.